Offered for sale is one (1):
Tube-Tech , LCA-2B
Dual VCA Compressor / Limiter
The TUBE-TECH LCA 2B is a two-channel unit with an independent compressor and limiter per channel. The unit is all tube based (except for the power supply and side chain circuit). The VCA (1 dual triode) is placed between the input transformer and the output stage (2 dual triodes).
The audio signal is picked up after the VCA and fed to the side chain circuit. The control signal from the compressor and from the limiter is combined and sent to the link switch and to the control amp, which feeds the VCA.
The two bi-directional link busses are accessible at two 1/4″ stereo jack sockets on the rear panel. The channels can be linked together for stereo applications and also linked to other LCA 2B’s via the two link busses and a standard stereo jack/jack cord.
The compressor has six att/rel presets ( Fairchild time constants ) as well as manual control. The limiter att/rel is fixed. The LED display is fed from the control amp. The limiter LED is fed from the limiter buffer. The audio path is fully symmetrical from input to output. Input and output have fully floating transformers. All DC voltages are stabilized, except the anode voltage for the output stage.
- Tube VCA compressor/limiter
- All-tube based push-pull amplifier
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 50 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Separate compressor and limiter
- Output Gain: -6 dB to +10 dB
- Interconnection of several compressors via two busses
- Clickless In/Out relay
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Inputs and outputs are transformer balanced and fully floating
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Variable ratio (1.6:1 to 20:1)
- Variable threshold (Off to -20 dBU)
- Continuously variable attack and release times
- Choice between 6 presets (Fairchild) and manual attack/release control
- LED Gain reduction display
- Variable threshold (Off to 0 dBU)
- Attack: 0.8 ms – release: 0.5 sec
- Separate Limiter On/Off switch
- LED indication of limiter action
-FREE SHIPPING TO ALL USA ADDRESSES-
Clair Global is an Entertainment Technology company that supplies the entertainment and music touring industry with technology, sound augmentation systems and services. We stay way ahead of the curve when it comes to purchasing and using new technology. When we upgrade or purchase new gear we frequently end up with unneeded gear and it's this gear that you'll find here.
If we don't need it, we sell it and guarantee your satisfaction with a 14-day replacement guarantee (or money- back guarantee if we don't have a replacement).
Please note that the photos shown are of the exact unit you will receive.
Applicable sales tax will be applied.
All CLAIR Used Gear is checked by our technicians before it is sold.
Unless otherwise noted, everything is in good working condition when it is shipped to you.